Sunday, June 20, 2010

**Viva la Verve June Week 4**

Here I am, 2 days late with my sample for this week's VLV challenge! I'm kinda crazy about this card though! I love the colors, which I drew from the Jungle theme room. See THIS THREAD on Splitcoast for the challenge rules and photos! Verve Stamps are NOT required to play along so come on over and hang with us!
--Here's the sketch--

--And here's my card--

Can you tell I was feelin' this color combo when I made the sketch? LOL! Totally on purpose, I assure you;)
I stamped the sentiment block from "Protector" in Versamark ink on the Pear Pizazz cardstock, rand the Early Espresso cardstock through the cuttlebug using the woodgrain impresssion dies from PTI, and distressed and sewed most of the layers down. The sentiment is from "Dad's Day", I love it. I only wish it said "Dad" instead of "Father". "Father" seems much too formal for me. My Dad is my daddy, my poppa bear, my hero:) I do miss him...
Also, because I'm me, I had to add buttons! I'm sorry if this makes it too girly, but my dad will love it anyways, lol! He HAS to, I'm his daughter! Aren't they supposed to tell us we did a good job, no matter how crappy it really is? Hahaha! 
I hope you come over and play with us in the Verve Forums! We have so much fun with these sketches every week, and when you throw in some lovely Verve stamps, it's just a weekend in heaven;)

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Loved this sketch, Amber and love the colours you chose :) Fabulous Father's Day card :)