Thursday, May 21, 2009

Who's your hero?

Today's hip hop is all about heros! And what better weekend to celebrate them than on a weekend meant especially for the heros who lived and died for our great country:)
If I had to say I had a hero, it would be my mom. She is one amazing lady who I hope to be just like. She's really my best friend and it kills me to be so far away from her. She has put up with alot and she deals with it all with such grace. Recently, the falling economy has affected my parents to the point they have to move to find a new job. It will take my mom away from her family (my grandparents and 5 or 6 uncles/aunts/and their kids, not to mention a church family they love. But she does it because she knows it's what's best for her and my sweet dad. I hope that I can be as self-less as she is if I should ever be faced with a situation like that. If your reading mom, I love you and you are my hero:)
I didn't have the stamp sets that Angela is show-casing this week or that many of the other girls will be showing, but I did just get a few new ones, including "Everyday Adorable". This set is so much fun!
The cute little bee, the flower and the sentiment are all from that kit! It's a really versatile set with many fun images in it.
I also used some core-dinations cardstock (the dark blue). I scored some lines in it and then sanded it so the inside color would come out. Then as you can see, I had fun adding all my little details. That's my favorite part of the whole card-making process. As soon as the layout is figured out, I get to add the pretties:)

Well, I hope you have a fantastic memorial day, enjoy the rest of the hop! Off you go to the sweetest chick around, ***LINSEY!!!!!!!!!!!***

37 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Amber! I love the colors!

Maureen F said...

That is so cool - the details and the colors are fantastic !!!

Scrapacat said...

Awesome! I love how you used core-dinations. I have some and it's just sittin there without love. I'm gonna pull it out today! ~ky

Tink said...

Great card! Love the bee

Jacqueline said...

beautiful card amber!! Your mom sounds like a hero to me, you are lucky to have her!!

StampinCathy said...

This is just hip hoppin fabulous. The colors are beautiful and love this layout.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Stunning...just love all the details.

Karen J. said...

Great card. Love the scoring on core-dinations paper. The bee stamp is so cute!!

FibreJunky said...

Beautiful card! I miss my mom...I think I'll make her a card today.

JenMarie said...

Super CUTE!!

Christi said...

This card is adorable. I love all the little perfect touches. Just gorgeous! smiles...

Olivia M. said...

Nice card, love the bee!

Kristen Carll said...

Amber I love your card. And you Mom sounds like an amazing women! :)

Katy said...

Love the card! The bee is so adorable...maybe I DO need that set?! And your mom sounds like an awesome lady!

Monika in VA said...

An adorable card! I love the tone on tone flowers & the bee the best!

Candace H said...

Such a beautiful card and your hero, your mother, sounds wonderful - I'd like to be more like her, too!

whoistracy said...

Adorable!! That bee is just the cutest. I think he's my fav from that kit.

Kelly Mahany said...

My Mom is definitely one of my heroes too Amber! I hope that she will find work when they move! I know it will be tough for her!

Your card honoring her is amazing!

Michelle said...

adorable card! love it!

Lisa H. said...

wow! what a wonderful card, I LOVE your color combo-soooo pretty.

Shemaine Smith said...

Beautiful!!!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Beautiful card - I love that coredinations paper as well!

Bonita Rose said...

love the soft colors.. it's perfect!

StacyC said...

Very pretty!! Love that little bee..

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Carly said...

My mom is my hero too and she too lives so far away. I think I'll send her a card today. Thanks for the inspiration.

JessicaK said...

Sweet little bee card.

Suz said...

Very cute card

Tina Mayo said...

very sweet card love the bee

Erika M. said...

Gosh that is an amazing card!

CarlaKH said...

so classy and sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love your card. one case my nick name is BEE.. and my Hero is my Father.. he was a amazing man and his memory is still living amazingly through his family and friends.

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- this is too fantastic!

Michelle said...

Oh I just love the mix of colors you have here, Miss Amber…the drab (not in an ugly way) blue with the greens and yellow – fantastic!

Christina said...

Love your card!

P.S. Hope you don't mind if I leave an additional comment.

Visit www.theoriginalscrapbox.com and check out their product catalog and also take a minute and go to www.tinyurl.com/entry257 to cast your vote for me!

I am in the running to win a scrapbook desk!

Anonymous said...

Amber
What cute and happy bee on your card hotwheels

NormaB said...

Just checking out your blog. Your cards are lovely.