Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hip Hop, I'm still alive!

Man, I have been THE worst blogger this week! Billy and I both took the week off work and we're really enjoying ourselves! We've done alot of shopping, lots of movie watching, and lots of hanging out together:) The weather hasn't been ideal this week so it's easier to keep him home with me than on the golf course;)

So since I have been chilaxin' with Billy all week, I haven't made alot of cards! Any crafty time I have has been spent on a friends baby's book. I did 3 two-page spreads so far this week though, not too shabby! I should have the book done by the time the baby graduates:D
I did create one card this week though, and I used Everyday Adorable again:) I have been really loving this kit!
I stamped "Grandma's Frame" on the front of my card base and then cut a circle to fit inside it from a piece of Bella Rose dp by SU. I saw this layout in the Spring SU! Catty and it really inspired this card:) The chocolate circle with a pink heart is from "Confession: I {luv} Unity". Another SUPAH fun scrapbooking kit! The stamps in Confession are all perfectly sized for scrapbooking, so check it out:)
The sentiment is from Everyday Adorable also. I colored it in with Pink Stickles. The keys (yep, you guessed it! From Everyday Adorable) were colored with a copic and then cut out. I threaded some jute through the keys and through a hole in the heart. Did a little faux stitching and some REAL hand stitching and the card is complete:) EPLS (that's Buck's word, lol!)

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious that I didnt' have any of the teacher stamp sets being showcased this week so I apologize for being out of theme again this week! Hopefully you have plent eye candy from the rest of the team:) Your next stop is the lovely and sweet ***BROOKE!***

40 comments:

Christi said...

LOVE the layout of this card, Amber. that Grandma's frame circle is one of my favorite Unity stamps evah! Love how you used it on here! Have fun this week with Billy! smiles...

Bonita Rose said...

ur card is amazing.. love it, so glad u are sitting back and enjoying life, we all need to do that.. and not be so driven sometimes! good for u!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this, Amber!

Unknown said...

super cute card! my hubby and I are both off this week too!

Anonymous said...

Great card!!! Sounds like you and your hubby had a great week off together.

Karen J. said...

Great card...love the keys. Glad your having a nice time with your husband.

Jacqueline said...

beautiful card Amber!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love this very cute!!

Shemaine Smith said...

there are so many things about this card i love! great job and good for you taking a break!

silvia said...

OMG!!! AWESOME card!!!!

Jenn said...

LOVE the KEYS!!!!!!!! Great idea!

Tammy said...

Wow, what a fantastic card, love the little details like the keys, awesome!

Ashley Newell said...

GORGEOUS card Amber!

StampinCathy said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous week and getting to spend it with your honey. I know you are just saving your MOJO to WOW us next week. (teehee)
Your card is just amazing and so hip hoppin inspiring.

Kelly Braund said...

Super cute card, love it! So glad you're having such a great relaxing week! Enjoy it!

Sherry Campbell said...

Love it! Glad you are getting some time with your sweetie!

Kelly Mahany said...

Love your cards even if they didn't follow the theme this week! (Wink!)

Glad to hear that you are getting in some quality time with hubby!

jan farnworth said...

your card is super adorable.

Diane said...

Pretty card!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Wonderful card! Glad you got to spend time with your hubby relaxing.

Rona said...

Lots of great details!!

Tina Mayo said...

totally cute card!!

Monika in VA said...

Wonderful colors! Love the key cut-outs!

Suz said...

Such a cute card!

We all need weeks like that to just hang out with family & make the memories

Maren said...

WOO HOO! Welcome back you ROCK star. Fabulous hanging key set! :)

FibreJunky said...

don't worry about being "out of theme" - Love what you've done with Everyday Adorable and the Confessions kit.

Peggy Lacktorin said...

Amber, this card is so sweet! Love the hanging keys and your your paper choices are beautiful together. (my hubs, is also on vacation this week)

whoistracy said...

Love those little keys dangling!

Gretchen said...

What a sweet card!

Ravengirl said...

Cute card! Enjoy your time with your man!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card, Amber! Hooray for weeks off!!! :)

liannallama said...

your card is great! Love all the shapes and colors!

Julie Campbell said...

Sounds like you've had a great week! I love your card!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Love how you used the frame, and the little snipped out keys are absolutely adorable :) No worries on the blogging...I am a firm believer in doing it when you want to...Life is so much more than bloggin'!! Glad you got to spend some quality time with the ones we love is so important :) Thanks so much for sharing!!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card!

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous as always!

Judy Rozema said...

What a fantastic design! Love the keys!

Anonymous said...

HO what cute and clever card I think this is to cute!!

Angie Blom said...

wonderful card, so creative!

Tracey Taylor said...

Totally adorable