Monday, May 11, 2009

Viva la Verve (a bit late!)

Well, I'm the queen of procrastination! Here's my Viva la Verve card that I SHOULD have made for this past Friday! The twist for this weeks sketch is to use blue, green, and any neutrals!
My card base is Kraft and then I punched a piece of Baja Breeze and Whisper white with my Scalloped Lace punch. The large flourish in the patterned paper was made with Filigree Fantasy and the small one is made from a stamp in Wishful Elegance.
The sentiment is also from Filigree Fantasy. My favorite part of this card is the sparkly border! I drew lines with my Sakura Quickie glue pen and then dumped some green glitter on and tapped off the excess. I really love the sparkle it adds!
To play along with us in this weeks VLV sketch, click --->HERE<---!
Today was also my day to post my Project Parade challenge on the Verve Blog! This months theme is "It's a Girl Thing!" You can play along and win big! Come check it out --->HERE<---!
Well, it's 9:30 pm here and I have an hour and 15 mins till I'm off to work, yep. My 11 pm to 6 am shift starts tonite, DANG! This is gonna be a rough night, so think of me, lol!!!!!!!!! Have a great day!

9 comments:

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

VERY COOL Amber! Love those colors together too! Way to go!

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

Amber, what a lovely card! I am a big fan of vintage colors! The flower behind the sentiment adds a great touch to the card.

Alma =)

StampinCathy said...

Amber this beautiful. I just love the colors and the vintage look. Thanks for this inspiring card.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous, Amber! Love your magnet and card for the project parade too! You've got it going on!!! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

what a gorgeous card! I am lovin' those colors!!! :)

Michelle said...

How come when I make a card and only use part of the flower it looks like I cut off part of the flower, but you do it and it looks normal? *pfft*
BTW - I am off work this week and thanks to Y O U my big butt has been glued in my puter chair watching What The Buck - LOL

Linsey R said...

Good gracious, woman! This is breathtaking!!! What a stunning combination of colors, florals, the sentiment is amazing and the gorgeous scalloped lace layers and embellies! Absolutely awesome, miss Amber!! hugs!

Jeanne S said...

So pretty Amber! Great colors!

Bonita Rose said...

that is one amazing card gf.. amazing! love the colors, so rich!