Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Viva la Verve! Christmas in the Air...

This week, I showed no mercy on the VLV sketch/twist over on Splitcoast! It's a 1,2,3 challenge (and these are KNOWN to be tough!). The rules for this weeks sketch:
You can only use ONE embellishment (type that is, not one actual brad, button, etc...), you must use TWO colors of cardstock (One neutral is allowed in addition), and you must use THREE stamps! Here's the sketch:
And here's my card:
Card base is Rustic Cream with Enchanted Evening on top of that, and the smaller blue panel is Aqua Mist. The sentiment, from Christmas in the Air, is stamped In Enchanted Evening. I then stamped two snowflakes from Frosty Flakes on Enchanted Evening (I embossed this snowflake with Opalescent powder, looks *so* cool irl!) and the second snowflake on Rustic White. My one embellishment is the ribbon (try as I might, I can't have a card w/out ribbon!)
So that's not so hard, right? Come on over to the Verve forums and play with us! Verve stamps are NOT required:)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

You make this challenge look effortless!! You really killed me this week!!! LOL Really, I think it was the hardest challenge since I found you in April!! :) But it's all good now that I have a card made :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great colors and so simple, yet pretty!