Saturday, June 20, 2009

Distressed!

I'm SO distressed today! But that's a good thing, heehee;) I've been playing with my Ranger Distress Inks (Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Black Soot)today! I watched some tutorials by Jennifer McGuire today (on TwoPeas) and was really inspired to play along:)
My card base is Vintage Cream by PTI. The green piece is Ripe Avacado, also by PTI. The way I did the background on the main image is using my Ranger Distress Inks! See {THIS} link for directions by the queen distresser herself;) Here's a close-up I took to show the shimmery effect the Perfect Pearls has on the piece, it's super shimmery and beautiful:) The script stamp is called "Background Basics: Text" by PTI, the swirl is from "Fancy Flourishes" also by PTI, and the flower (Bayleaf) and sentiment (Birthday Centers) are by Cornish Heritage Farms.
My honey got home today, he's been gone for a whole week! He was doing some training some I'm super happy to have him home:) We're watching "So you think you can dance"! Isn't he awesome, he watches with me:) Such a great guy!

You girls have a great weekend:) See ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Love this card, Amber!! The color combo is fabulous! Glad your hubby is back home. It's definitely no fun when they're gone. Mine has been gone since April and won't get home until September some time. I'm looking forward to having him watch my shows too ;)

Christy Lynn said...

I had my honey watching Amazing Wedding Cakes with me while we ate dinner :) This morning I was rushing like crazy to finish up swaps, and then it took me the rest of the day to finish cleaning up/organizing my craft room. I kept stopping to do other things 'cause cleaning is never fun :p I hope to actually do something crafty tomorrow!

Hey, Em is having a big release next week in honor of her birthday, so if there's anything that you want from Stamping Bella once we see all the new goodies, let me know. I've got a $20 gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket and I still don't own all the Kettos yet ;)

When are we gonna get together and stamp, girlfriend? And would you be interested in a trip to Cocok's with the silent k? I had my toes done on Thursday night but I'm not crazy about what I got, and since I am now officially a working woman I can treat myself to another pedicure anytime I want. Thought I'd see if you would want to do that too...nighty night for now!

CarlaKH said...

wow---that is fab.. will have to check out the links!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love your distressed card! I just watched Jennifer's videos, too, and they are very inspiring! You've done a beautiful job with this!