Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'd Pick You...

Good morning, friends! How is everyone today? I am here today with a quick card using one of the new Reverse Confetti releases, Love Blooms!


I had created this background piece several months ago, and it's just been sitting in my "unfinished" pile. Today, as I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do, this piece caught my eye and I thought the embossed flowers looked like the blooms in Love Blooms. The piece was created by applying modeling paste through the large flower stencil on a piece of watercolor paper. I let that dry and then sprayed a couple of my Dylusions Ink Sprays in pink and orange. Pretty easy technique and it really is fun:) Today, I created a yellow and orange watercolor piece (just by coloring some watercolor paper with an orange and yellow Tombow marker and then blending the colors with a wet paintbrush) and cut three of the blooms with the Love Blooms Confetti Cuts. I had a blue/green watercolor scrap in my bin also so I cut some leaves from Love Blooms Confetti Cuts and the scalloped border with the Double Edge Scallop Border Confetti Cuts.


When I was finished, I thought the piece needed a little shine, so I rubbed a little bit of glazing medium over the embossed flower and now it's all shiny, love it!

  


1 comment:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the texture, and you orange and yellow together on the bloom, shining bright brilliance!!!!!!