Thursday, January 1, 2015

Brewin' Up Birthday Wishes!

Happy New Year!!! I can't believe it's 2015! Last year (omg 2014 is last year) went so fast, it was a blur with a couple moves new jobs, new everything! I hope 2015 proves to be just as interesting, haha!!


I created a fun little card for a couple challenges today! 



I cut out a piece of watercolor paper to 4 x 5.25 and sprayed some Lemon Zest Dylusions ink spray on the watercolor paper. I tipped it upside down and spritzed it with some water to create the drips and dried it with a heat gun.  Next I grabbed some green polka dot paper from my scrap stash and added some coral scallops cut out with the Double Edge Scallop border. I cut out a small tag with the smallest tag from Tag Me and stamped the sentiment. I stamped and then cut out a couple tea cups and did some paper piecing to create the pattern in the cups. I adhered the cups on the largest plain circle from Circles 'n Scallops and then tied the tag around the card front with twine.


I created this card with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge and the ColourQ challenge!


Thanks for stopping by today, hope you had a great New Year's Eve with your family and that your New Year is everything you dreamed and more!!








8 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is really cute! Love your card design and the fab paper piecing on the tea cups!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully detailed with drips, patterns, paper and color! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Amber! I love that stamp set! So fun! The background looks amazing! The sequins are such a great accent! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...so many wonderful little details and your coffee cups, so amazing. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

Claire said...

Love those stamps - especially how you can 'fill' them up. They look good enough to drink! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW!! This card is amazing! Awesome colors...and details! Love it!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know this would look lovely in my LOFT *wink, wink*. Gorgeous!!!!

Sylvia said...

Great card, Amber, love how you used the colors! So glad you joined in the fun at the colourQ.