Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Verve New Release Projects

New Stamps!

Hiya! I'm slowly but surely working to get my crafty back on, lol! How can you NOT find your mojo with these fabulous new releases from Verve? Here are a couple I made today using the releases...

First up is this bright, sunshiney card I made with Sunny Days! I just randomly stamped the background with the button flower in orange and yellow ink and then stamped a couple buttons in turquoise ink and stuck them on top of the flowers. The sentiment was stamped on one of the Tiny Sweet Scallop die set, which is layered onto the new Curvy Book Plate die!

This was just a fun little quick card I was playing with. I used some scraps of PTI paper to paper-piece the cups from Better with You. The sentiment is from the same set. I cut a Curvy Bookplate out of the Rustic White cardstock and then stamped the sentiment through the negative.

This last card is the one I had the most fun making! I just love the fun bright colors from this MME Lime Twist paper pack. Purple, teal, green, LOVE! 
The sentiment is from Words of Wisdom. I can't talk this set up ENOUGH! Check out that font combination! Isn't it fun and different? I love it:) I went around each piece of paper with a black copic for some contrast. Sometimes, adding a whole layer of cardstock adds more weight than I want, so by just running a copic along the edge, it gives the illusion of a black cardstock mat, without the added bulk:)
The loopy flowers are from Making a Statement and cut out with the coordinating Loopy Blooms die. You can also see a bit of the Curvy Bookplate Die peeking out from behind the sentiment. This is pretty much my favorite way to use this die, it makes the perfect little finishing touch!

I also used the Viva la Verve sketch for this week, see the sketch challenge HERE!

Check out the Anni-VERVE-sary sale going on now through August 31st! Just click on the banner:)
Anni-VERVE-sary Sale!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with the new Deconstructed Sketch for this week, using...you guessed it...MORE NEW VERVE, lol!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

These are beautiful Amber! I am so loving the new Verve! I'm hoping mine comes in today, we have a sub mail carrier and he has been coming at 5 pm instead of 11 am, ughhh!

Christy Lynn said...

All your cards are fantabulous, darling! Love the sunny colors on the first one and how yous stamped through the negative on the second one and how you did faux layers on the third one. I wanna stamp like you when I grow up :) Miss you!

Dawn Easton said...

Wow! These are all wonderful Amber! Love all the new stamps. That background you created on the first card totally rocks! Love the button centers! FUN!