Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's a Papertrey Kinda Day!

I have a couple PTI cards to share today! I buy the stamp sets, every month, religiously, since the beginning, but haven't had the chance to sit down and play with them much lately! This week I am determined because these are some of my very favorite stamps! First up is this fun card for today's Color Challenge on SCS! The color challenge is Real Red, Pink Pirouette, and Pear Pizazz. The color combo made me think of this fun Christmas paper from last year called Jolly by Golly by Cosmo!
I used the cute snowman from Holiday Button Bits! I realize he looks a bit crooked on the card, I may have mounted the circle a little cockeyed, dangit!  You know what else? I'm super proud because I finally used some FLOWER SOFT! I've had this white Flower Soft for ages and never use it! I thought it would make good "snow" and I think I'm right:) 
The snowflakes are from my new Snowflake Die-namics by MFT! These are SUPER intricate and beautiful snowflakes, totally love them!
OH and how could I forget the sentiment? The dessert option is handwriting! Well, I happen to have Dawn McVey's LOVELY handwriting in the form of her PTI stamps! This one is from Signature Christmas, don't you love it?

Okay, next card up uses the fabulous Vintage Picnic!
I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for the layout!
So a couple peeps over at the PTI forums have a challenge going where they choose three stamp sets and you just make a card with one of the stamp sets! This is such a fabulous idea because it really gets you USING the stamps you buy, kwim? So in the spirit of the fall season, I stamped the pumpkins in the basket! I also used some older SU! paper called Autumn Vine (I think?)

Well that's all I have today! Thanks *SO* much for stopping by today:) Have a FAB day!

20 comments:

Diane said...

Both of these cards are absolutely gorgeous! I have yet to use Flower Soft but after seeing your snow, I am convinced to give it a try. Your Vintage Picnic card is so elegant. You are an awesome colorer!

Kay D said...

I just LURVE the vintage picnic card- gorgeous coloring on that basket!

Diane Jaquay said...

I WOW Amber, LOVE both of these!!! The snowman card is just too cute!

andyjay said...

Love your work!

Vickie Z said...

Both cards are wonderful but, I really love the picnic basket and use of the mojo sketch!! Have that basket and you are inspiring me to get it out and ink it up!!

Christy Lynn said...

Beeyootiful cards, lady! I love the way you colored in the basket on the second one, it looks fabulous. Miss you!

BethieJ said...

Amber both cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! I am feeling a PTI day coming on here too! LOL! :)
Thanks for joining the challenge at PTI! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Tanya said...

Love these! Love that basket and pumpkins, fantastic use of the Mojo sketch. Loving those snowflakes and the sentiment on the first, I don't have any PTI yet, but I do have a wish list. Thanks so much for sharing!

Maureen said...

gorgeous, Amber and LOVE the papers :) I totally relate to you and using stamps...I try to keep my new ones in a pile by my desk so I remember to use them!! Have been loving my PTI leaf sets and dies...do you have them? They are divine and I stamped on felt!!! It's so fun!! LOL Hugs!!

Tasha said...

Love these!!
I've been getting back into PTI lately, I can't wait to see what all you come up with.

Kathy Martin said...

These are super CUTE! Love the snow on the first! :)

Monique said...

Both cards are so beautiufl.. I love your snowman with wonderful holiday paper.. Great take on MM sketch :)

Mariah said...

Both cards are super cute and I love the flower soft on the snowman...I will have to remember to pull that out this season! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful cards!!! Love the snowflakes and the Flower Soft and I love that you filled the picnic basket with puumpkins!!! Way cute!!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Wow! I love both your cards! Such great coloring of the snowman, basket and pumpkins. Beautiful!
Amy

Norma said...

Beautiful card!!!!! Love it

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful cards! So pretty and I love your layouts for each too.

Susan B said...

Love your use of rich, deep colors and your layering and the way you added dimension with the snowflakes (they look like they are floating off the page). Also, your stitching on the harvest card added some nice touches (which I haven't tried yet). Very nice work! One of my favorites in the challenge.

Eva said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW!

Anonymous said...

babe naked [url=http://www.javaworld.com/community/user/93564] nude movies[/url] fre nude pictures