Thursday, May 3, 2012

DS50-Ribbon Carousel!

The Deconstructed Sketch DT

Hello! I have been extremely quiet this week, I know! Battling a cold/strep throat right now and that kinda throws the mojo off, haha! Well, I couldn't possibly miss this week's Deconstructed Sketch, check this one out!

We also have a sponsor this week, the Ribbon Carousel! Check out their sit to learn more about this awesome company:) 

They sent us some ribbon to play with from their May Ribbon Kit and I had a ton of fun playing with all the gorgeous ribbons! Here's my card...

I knew I wanted to layer all my ribbons up using the four panel images in the sketch. It's a bit of a stretch on the sketch (ooooo, tongue twister!) but I totally love it:) I cut the ends of the ribbons into fishtails and then just kind of found a place where they fit:) The net ribbon on the far right wasn't fishtailed though, I just love that ribbon! The hand stitching was done with some brown twine from the kit. The stamp is from American Hero by Verve.

 I'm really getting into the spirit of the 4th, everytime I go into Hobby Lobby or Michaels and see all the Americana decor, my heart starts to swell...I love this holiday:) Anyhoo, make sure to check out what my lovely teammates have done with this sketch and the ribbon! I can't wait to hop over and see what they've been up to!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!


7 comments:

KimCreate said...

Gorgeous! get take on the sketch!

Christy Lynn said...

Beautiful card, lady! Miss you lots and hope you feel better soon :)

Kimberly said...

I love your take on the sketch! Great combinations and placement of ribbons! Awesome card!
P.S. I'm your neighbor to the south. *Waving* from Tucson!

Natalie said...

Love the way you've incorporated the ribbons into the design! Cute card!

Unknown said...

LOVE this gorgeous card Amber!! I think the use of the ribbons is inspiring!! Xx

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Great card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Super cute! I love your take on the sketch!!