Friday, February 17, 2012

Hey! Remember me?

I have been quite the busy girl lately, getting settled with my new job, new city, all that fun stuff...and then last week my momma came to visit me! Billy had to go play war games for awhile, so mom wanted to keep me company:) She left yesterday though (so sad!) and I have a three day weekend, so I did some stamping this morning to catch up on some deadlines I missed, lol! 

*******************************************************

First up is this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge!  Laurie is our sketch artist this week and I sure love her sketch!


I thought all those vertical strips would be PERFECT for using some of those old scraps I have stuck in my 6x6 paper pads. For my card, I used scraps from Crate Paper's "Paper Hearts" collection and "Wings of Love" by Verve!


I was also able to use my fabulous "Wavy Hearts die set" to cut those hearts out. I really love this sketch, hope you guys can play along! Visit our forums for the details and to share your cards!

********************************************************

Next up is my late card for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!


Here's my card, using an old favorite from The Craft's Meow:)


I stamped the little butterfly/angel from "Butterfly Kisses" in gray Fresh Ink and then added some stickles to her wings! The sentiment was stamped on a tag created with the Grommet Tags from Spellbinders and TCM's coordinating "Timeless Tags" set. The papers are from OA's Farmhouse. I really love the shabby theme lately, can you tell? LOL!
  
Be sure to check out the rest of the Deconstructed Sketch challenge team's cards!



Thanks for stopping by today, I'll be around more often now that I'm getting all settled!








2 comments:

Joy said...

always such gorgeous creations! :) xo!

Jen Shults said...

These are great Amber. I love the soft colors of both... really really nice! I need to stamp with my Distress Inks more. :)