Friday, May 6, 2011

Viva la Verve! May Week 2--Happy Mother's Day

Hellllloooo! How is everybody today? I think I saw the sun today for like 3 hours, which is more than I can say for the past two weeks! We are getting a TON of rain lately, but it IS rainy season on Okinawa, so I guess I should be surprised;)

I had today off so I spend awhile in the stamping room to create a card for this weeks Viva la Verve! challenge! Schmoopy (we're both huge Seinfeld fans!), I mean Maureen, is the hostess this week, and she came up with a super fun sketch!


I always love Moe's sketches, she likes to bunch elements up and I absolutely love that as well! Here's my card, which is also the card I'm sending to my Mom for Mother's Day (yes, I'm quite aware of how late I am, lol! What can I say, I'm a cardmaker and we're always the worst, right? LOL!)


I used more of my beloved "Portrait" papers from Crate Paper! I am loving this pattern in particular! All the colors and beautiful flowers just make me happy! Okay, so I used a couple new stamp sets for this card. The Elegant Leaves die and the matching leaves from "Bloom and Grow" and the sentiments from "Love Deepens".  I clear embossed the leaves on the Elegant Leaves die cut, I just love how that looks!


I really wanted to use one of my real doilies on this card, but they were white and my card is cream, so it wouldn't work. No worries, I have this fun doily die from PTI that does just the trick;) I stamped the sentiment on a tag cut with Verve's "Sweet Scallop Tag" die and attached it with some ribbon and twine.

Here's the inside...


Click HERE to go to the challenge thread for details and to play along! Free VERVE in it for you if you win!;)
Well thanks for coming by today! I'll be back tomorrow with the new SFYTT!!! Can't wait:) 
Have a wonderful  Friday, friends!

--------------

Edited to Add...
I've been asked by the wonderfully delightful sweetheart Jen Shults to be a part of her new Deconstructed Sketch Challenge team! Our first sketch challenge will be NEXT THURSDAY so make sure you bookmark the Deconstructed blog and come back and play with us! 

8 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Amber! LOVE it!

Maureen said...

oh, thanks for playing this week, Schmoopy!! ACK! I love those papers and am (im)patiently waiting for them to come in the mail!! Is it just me or are ALL the paper companied just coming out with amazing designs lately? I love all the colours you're using and the PTI doily die! Are you like me...love and hate it? LOL All those little bits? But it's so fun to make a doily in ANY colour! Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully you'll get a little more sun :) hugs, Sweetie!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!!! Adore those papers (have them and keep putting off using-don't want them to be gone, LOL). Love the large scallop and doily is gorgeous! Hope you get some sunshine!!

Niki Estes said...

Just beautiful, Amber!!! I love the colors, papers, and sweet tag!

Shirley said...

This is so beautiful! I love the sponged doily, the ribbon with the button and matching border! Wow!

Wanda Cullen said...

That paper is so gorgeous and I love the aqua accents you used! I keep telling myself I need to use up the ton of paper I already own, but then I see this and want more!:-)

Helen said...

A lovely card.

Latisha said...

What a beautiful card Amber!