Monday, May 30, 2011

Life is Good...*picture heavy!*

I spent my Memorial Day out on the beach with my sweet puppies! The weather was GORGEOUS after our intense typhoon the other night! We had lots of damage on base, and I lost half of my fence (which I'm hoping will be fixed soon!). So after that nasty storm, I was so happy to wake up to the most beautiful day today! I decided it was so nice, I'd take my pups and head to the beach...here are a couple of my favorite pictures:)

This is my view driving down the main street on base...see the ocean on the horizon? Gorgeoumouse!

Billy and I found this secluded little beach a couple years ago and I go back all the time when the weather is nice! It's the most amazing beach-white sand, TURQOUISE water, noone around, it's a perfect spot:) Today, I took the pups with me to go swimming!

My boys...they're quite adorable, right? Luke looks a little psychotic, but he just really loves the water, lol! Need another look?

Jesse

Luke

Here are a couple pictures of the beach...calgon take me away!





Yes...life is good! Even if I can't spend the day with my honey, who's still sweating away in the pits of Iraq, lol! Poor guy, he said it was 107 degrees today! EEK! That's hot (and this is not me channeling Paris Hilton).

Okay, so I was so inspired by the ocean today that I wanted to create a summery card! I think there isn't a better beach set than "Relax" by Verve!


My card base is Hawaiian Shores, can you see where the ocean inspiration came in? LOL! That's about the color the ocean was today...just amazing!
I stamped the medallion image several times on the card base and then was going to use a circle on this card, but changed my mind last minute and wanted to use the negative of the circle I cut out! I added the sentiement on a piece of white cardstock, added some buttons, ribbon, and a strip of Berry Sorbet scallops to finish it off. It's a simple card, but I was in a simple kind of mood, lol!

Thanks for hanging in there with me through all those pictures! I don't always post alot of personal information here, but I didn't think you'd mind once in awhile;) Thanks for humoring me! LOL!

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow, what a gorgeous beach! And I love that pic of your babies,they look so happy!

Beautiful card, love the calm feel and fun beachy colors.

Marisa said...

Those pictures remind me of my years in Costa Rica....sigh....just LOVE the warm water and gorgeous beaches. Looks like the boys had a great time swimming :) Perfect colours for your card!

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are GORGEOUS pics- the beach reminds me of a secluded beach we found in Maui- I could have stayed there forevah! Poor DH! wow- 107 is pretty intense. Please thank him for defending our country and thanks to YOU as well, sweet girl!

Kelly Booth said...

WOW....Pics are Amazing amber...LOVE pretty Beaches!! Your Dogs are just Adorable and your card is perfectly laid out!! Big Hugs to you and your Awesome Hubby....So thankful you! Hugs...

Vicki Burns said...

So glad you had a wonderful day! And I don't mind the personal stuff at all. :)

Christy Lynn said...

Looks like you have two happy little pupstars. Glad the typhoon wasn't *too* bad where you are, hope your fence gets fixed soon. Miss you lady!!

Peachy Wessels said...

What a gorgeous beach spot! And how much fun with the dogs - they do just love the water - don't they? I loved your card and it's simplicity and beautiful color! It must be tough, with your hubby away - we are all so lucky that he is so brave to be fighting for our freedom. My thanks to him and to you, as well!

Karen Linarez said...

Your beach photos are absolutely gorgeous, I'm jealous, and your card is fantastic, love the colors.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Wow - Amber! And just down the road from you... I'm green with envy! Your boys are cuties, too. Too bad they're so far away or I'd introduce them to my girls (Gretel & Sweet Pea). :) Awesome card, too!