Saturday, October 18, 2014

Verve October Release Retrospective Hop



Welcome to Verve's October Release Retrospective Blog Hop! The Verve Divas are hopping today and serving up some more inspiration using the October release stamps & dies! Besides a look-see at some really nifty cards, there's also a comment prize up for grabs!


I've been having so much fun with the new Pink Power and Inspire Hope stamp sets so I created a card using them, plus this week's Viva la Verve sketch and inspiration picture!




I love the little bloom stamps in the Inspire Hope set, so I cut out some circles with my 1" circle punch and stamped some in pink, some in gray, and then I embossed a couple with silver embossing powder.  The little hearts on the white panel and the ribbon on the sentiment panel are from Pink Power. 


I stamped and embossed the frame from Inspire Hope in white on a piece of vellum and cut it out so I only had the bottom "bracket". I layered the sentiment circle on top and then added some Shine Bright sequins and pink twine to wrap it up...



Want to win some shiny new Verve? We're giving away a $40 gift voucher to one lucky commenter along the hop, so be sure to leave a shout out in the comments as you hop about. Your next stop is Jen's Blog! See the list below in case there are any hiccups in the hop:) Thanks for stopping by!

1. Julee8. Laurie
2. Stacey9. Christyne
3. Marisa10. Teresa
4. Chaitali11. Andrea
5. Amber12. Betty
6. Jen13. Sarah
7. Charmaine14. Maureen

32 comments:

KimCreate said...

Love all the embossing!

sharrilou said...

This card inspires me. Perfect!

Lori Kobular said...

Love the sequins and pink and white bakers twine that you added to the card! They really make it special!!

JoAnn said...

Very nice. Love the sentiment.

Kari V. said...

I love those bloom stamps!

D- said...

LOVE your BEAUTIFUL card. Love how you combined the stamped flowers and the embossed ones for your design. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Stacey Schafer said...

LOVE the floral circle display, Amber! beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Amber! I just love the silver embossed accents!

Jean Bullock said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the embossing and vellum. Well done.

Christine said...

Beautiful....I just received this set in the mail. Thanks for inspiration regarding how to use the awesome images!

Anonymous said...

The different medallions make a great background. The hearts coming from the sentiment is so nice.
thanks for sharing a great card.

Parker said...

I like the colors of this card and that sentiment of "Your courage inspires me". Your creativity inspires me. Thanks.

Parker said...

I like the colors of this card and that sentiment of "Your courage inspires me". Your creativity inspires me. Thanks.

Lyn said...

Stunning card I love the silver embossing <3

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch and the silver embossing.

Kris B said...

Such a pretty card! Love the silver embossing!! The vellum strip is a wonderful accent!

Patty said...

Love the color mix & your layout of your card is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Amber! Love the embossing...you rock that beautiful sketch!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very beautiful card!love the colours.

Kathy said...

Great sentiment. I especially like how you used stitches on your gray outer border. Just the perfect way to frame this card.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful card. Beautiful embossing. I love all the hearts and sequins.

Sue D said...

Great design and I like the embossing.

Brenda said...

This is a great take on the sketch! Wonderful card!

Sue Crease said...

Such a lovely card. Love those raised sections.
Sue

Heather said...

Very neat to switch up the techniques on the stamps. Cool looking card.

Janis said...

LOVE that vellum strip!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

clelie said...

Like the use of the circles! Great design!

Beverly Perdue said...

Beautiful card! Love the silver embossing and the sequins!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love all the beautiful grays and silvers and sequins! So pretty!

Paula said...

love the shiny stuff, sequins and embossing.

Sharon said...

So pretty! What a fun design.

Beatrice Lawson said...

Pretty and different and love these smaller images!