Thursday, February 17, 2011

Viva la MOJO!

Hello, Friends! I'm here today with a couple VERVE cards I've made this week! The first one is for this week's Viva la Verve, February Week 3 sketch by Teresa *who's also one of the newest DIRTY GIRLS!*
Here's Teresa's fun sketch:

Here's my card, using stamps from Blue Skies!!

The paper is used is my new favorite, Madeline by Prima! LOOOVE these colors together:) On the corners, I stamped the flourish from Blue Skies, I love how it looks IRL but it didn't really come out in this picture:(
To play along with us, visit the Forums! The VLV Week 4 sketch will be up on Friday morning!
_________________________

Since I had my Verve and Madeline papers out, I went to work on this week's Mojo Monday 178 sketch!

Here's my card using the sentiment from Kind Words


Sorry about the HORRIBLE picture, it's rainy today and no amount of photoshopping could bring this picture to life, lol! To kind of "mute" the colors of the dp, I layered a piece of vellum top and sewed it down so I wouldn't have to worry about how to hide adhesive! 

Well that's it from me today! I'm off to the states for two weeks on Saturday, so I'll be back tomorrow with my Project Life album updates! Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow:)

7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous cards, Amber! Love those papers! The addition of the vellum layer on your second card is so pretty!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! Both STUNNERS! I love them both!

Maureen said...

both gorgeous with all those fabulous papers...hey! I just noticed the new blog look...LOVE it!!

Marisa said...

Two beauties, Amber! One skewed sketch down now and one to go LOL!

Love the new blog look. Type is a bit hard for my old eyes to read though...or maybe it's just the skewed panels on the sketches that have thrown my whole system off ;)

Vickie Z said...

Both are gorgeous!!! Love the colors in the first one..hmmmm, one more thing to buy!!??

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are both, stunning!!

Jen Shults said...

So I may have to come back and CASE that first one. I love the rich browns and blues together and I love how you used the sketch. Really gorgeous.