Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Verve Play-Day!

Good morning! Is everyone cold and snowed in? Man, I kinda miss it! Now that I'm back in Okinawa, the weather is nice, but for winter, it's just not RIGHT! It was 75 today with like a million% humidity. I loved my hair in Montana. Here? Not so much. Ha!

So on day #2 of my new stay-at-home-wife career, I played with some New Verve Releases! All new releases are 15% off through then end of the year, so MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU!;)
These sets are truly so fun and today I happened to make TWO cards!
This first one uses this week's Mojo Monday sketch...
For this fun birthday card, I pulled out the new "Amazing Wishes" set. In true Verve form, the fonts in the sentiments are whimsical and fun, and the flowers are SUPER gorgeous and I think match this paper (Modern Home Maker by OA) PERFECTLY! I also used the Vintage Oval Frame stamp and coordinating die!
I stamped everything in Tea Dye Distress Inks and ran the cut out flowers through my Big Shot using the Swiss Dots CB folder! For a little extra ~*SpArKLe *~ I added some rhinestone flourishes by Zva Creative. 
OH! I almost forgot one SPECIAL detail, do you see the script stamp on the Aqua Mist cardstock? That's from another new release called Text Objects! I stamped it in Tea Dye distress ink also! For the ribbon panel, I accordion folded some 1/2 wrinkle ribbon from Sharon's Stamp Simply Ribbon store and sewed it down to keep it in place!
____________________________________________________

Here's another card I made with the fabulous Wordy Birds!
I went shabby and girly on this one because it's going to a guy I used to work with, his wife just had their baby girl a couple days ago! I plan on tucking this card in with a cute little gift! I was really wanting to play with felt today, so I sewed a whole piece of felt to the green cardstock but then ended up covering most of it! At least I covered it with that gorgeous paper from October Afternoon;) I also cut a felt tag out with the Sweet Scallop Tag die and layered papers, buttons, and the sentiment!
The felt is a really bright Vanilla color so to tone it down a bit, I spritzed it with some Sugar Cookie Shimmer Mist, but sadly, it didn't end up shimmery, doh! 
_________________________________________________

Well, that's it from me today! I'm sipping some Vino, watching Seinfeld with my Hubs, and off to browse some blogs! Enjoy your day!!

11 comments:

Tanya said...

These are both gorgeous Amber!

dj said...

love all the jewels on the first card and the embossed flowers!!

great color combo on the second card and the felt & stitching give it a nice homey feel

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful cards, Amber! I love the vintage, shabby feel of both!

Marisa said...

Two great cards, Amber. You had me giggling out loud re: the humidity and your hair. I don't even want to think about what my curly hair would do over there - African bush woman comes to mind LOL! Koodoes to you for using the big bling - think I'd be wearing more than got on my card LOL! Enjoy your new found role :)

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, both of these are really lovely!!

Maureen said...

glad to hear you are safe and sound at home...ah, to be an at home wife...I don't see that until retirement :) LOVE that baby card and all that luscious OA paper :) What a great idea to cut the tag from felt :) Hope you enjoyed the wine and Seinfeld!!! LOL

Jessica Diedrich said...

FREAKIN' ADORABLE! LOVE them both!

Teresa Kline said...

wow gorgeous cards girl...being at home will be fantastic...lol...keep up the fabulous work...hugs friend!

enjoy *~*

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing cards, Amber! Are you just totally lovin' your stampy playtime??! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

Gorgeous, Amber! You know I love the blingy one! LOL

Lou Mac said...

Two stunning cards, I love the colour combo on the Mojo card!!

Lou. xo