Saturday, May 2, 2015

Happy National Scrapbook Day!


Hey there! Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!!!! Pretty sure it should be a national holiday, but at least it falls on a Saturday;)

Today over on the Butterfly Reflections Ink Blog, we have a couple challenges for you! The first one is this GORGEOUS mood board, seriously how scrumptious are these colors??? Summer is coming!!

Here's my card based on the watercolor piece on the top left of the mood board


I started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper that I trimmed down to 4"x5.25" I smooshed some Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, and Abandoned Coral distress inks on my craft sheet and then watercolored the back ground using a mop brush. I let each color dry before I applied the next color, as I didn't want them to blend, and I love those "crispy" edges you get from watercolors. 

Next, I stamped the large floral image from Altenew's Persian Motif's in black Archival ink. Next, I took the Simply Said Hello die by Avery Elle and die cut the watercolor background. I knew I wanted that die cut into the background so you could see the black card base through the negative. I could have just cut out a black Hello and stuck it on top, but it's so much more interesting this way ;)


I stamped the birthday sentiment from MFT's Totally Happy set and outlined the flowers in Stardust Stickles. Lastly, I wrapped some black and white twine around and tied a cute little bow. Super quick card that really packs a punch, that's what I love about watercolors! 

Hope you can play along with us today, there is also a sketch challenge! Check that one out here!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous! I love that watercolor background and the touch of sparkle is just perfect!