Monday, April 13, 2015

Halftone Hello Note-card Set

Had a little fund today creating some fun-sized note cards using a couple new Altenew stamp sets!


I started by cutting four pieces of watercolor paper to 2.75 x 3.5 and then coloring them with a distress ink wash. To do this, I smooshed the distress inks onto my craft mat and then sprayed them with water. Next I took my wet paint brush and painted the color onto the wet watercolor panels. I stamped the largest bloom from Persian Motif's in a tone-on-tone color, so some of them you can see, but the flowers on the blue piece you can't see. I matched it up too well, lol!



Next I stamped the hello from Halftone Hello and embossed it in white. I cut out a few strips of white cardstock and stamped the sentiments (also from Halftone Hello) and then popped them up on dimensionals.


To create the small notecard, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 6.5 x 4.5 and scored it at 3.25! Such a fun little size, think I'll make more of this size!

If you're looking for a little retail therapy, Vanessa is always getting new stuff in Butterfly Reflections Ink Shop, so check in often!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!