Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SC390 and a Sparks card!

Hello! Long time no blog:) We were in Virginia Beach for a week and got back on Saturday, and my mojo has been in hiding! HOWEVER, I went over to Kim's house yesterday and we stamped the day away! I told her she's good for my mojo, haha! I got three cards made while I was there which is really odd for me. If I'm cropping with friends I never get anything done! I'll have those cards up throughout the rest of the week.

I had all afternoon to play with my new Paper Smooches stamps (I got to shop IN the Paper Smooches store, how awesome is that? Talk about jaw dropping!) I got a card made for this weeks sketch challenge on SCS and also the Paper Smooches Spark challenge for the week! 

First up is my SCS Sketch Challenge card, using Paper Smooch "Summer Groves"
How adorable are these stamps??? I though this the perfect card for today, being the FIRST day of summer! (Arizona didn't get the message, because it's been summer here for like a month, haha)

Here's the sketch:

I stamped the big, billowy tree once on patterned paper and again on Chocolate Chip cardstock and cut the pieces out. This tree would be so fun to stamp on several different pieces of pp and make a very pattern-y tree:) When I stamped the sentiment, I didn't think it would be that big (but OH how I love big sentiments:), so I had to stamped it on the oval piece too, I think it adds a fun little detail. The fence, bird, clouds, and sentiment also come from the Summer Groves stamp set. There is also a Spring Groves set, and I can't wait for the fall and winter sets! I seriously love tree stamps. Seriously. Oh, and Kim's handwriting!:) I'm telling you, this is going to be a new obsession of mine, I need all the PS stamps!

Next up is my card for this week's Sparks challenge!
Display our button

 This week is a "Cool Shades" challenge and here are the colors for the week!

Here's my card using Geo-Graphic and Giddy Bugs

This card turned out MUCH differently than I had planned! I was going for a clean, graphic card, but once I decided on this sentiment with the chevrons, I wanted to add the lighting bug and buttons! I also cut out some vellum wings for the bug, it's so cute IRL! I also drew the antennae on. The colors I used are Rhubarb, Gray, Silver Lilac (Memento), Harvest Gold (PTI). I think they're pretty close to the challenge colors anyway, haha!

Well that's all I have today, I'll be back tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Amber, these are AWESOME! I totally LOVE that first card and how you did the sentiment....SO cool!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Both your cards are darling! I love all the detail on your sketch challenge card and the simplicity of your Bee card with it chevrons and buttons :)

I too live in Arizona, our high temp of 113 yesterday was a preview of things to come. Best time of year to stay in a stamp :)

I linked over from SCS to vist, thanks for the wonderful inspiration & have a great day!

Chris Dring said...

Both of your cards are adorable! Love all the detail in the sketch card and that lightning bug is too stinkin' cute!

Glenda J said...

Great cards! Love your cute bee! Great layout and terrific use of the colours. Thanks for playing along with the Sparks challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW! These are amazing cards! That first one has so many layers and the papers are BEAUTIFUL! LOOOOOOOOOOVE it all! And that second one is just too cute! LOVE the use of the chevrons and the buttons! FUN! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)