Saturday, March 20, 2010

Have you heard about the Birds and the Bees?

Not THOSE birds and bees! Get your head back to crafting, lol!

This month's theme for the Dirty Dozen Active and Alumni girls is all about Spring, Birds, and Bees! The only restriction Joanne gave us was that we could NOT use decorative border punches *EEEEEEKS!* She really cut me to the bone on that one, but I made it through;)
It just so happens that the Caffinated Cropper kit this month, The Beez Kneez, is just PERFECT for this theme! The card base, dp's, stamps, and pearls are all from the kit! The bees, sentiment, and the sun are all from the Nikki Silvis stamp set included in the kit! I stamped the big bee on a piece of yellow dp and cut it out and then popped it up! I love the teeny bees, aren't they cute?

I used Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch #130 for the layout, LOVE this sketch!

Check out the DD Challenge Gallery for tons of eye candy! I can't wait to go hoppin' through the Birds and Bees cards:)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I actually goofed and used a border punch on my card, then realized my mistake and had to go back and cover it up. *giggle* Love love love your card! Thanks for playing!

Amy said...

Amber this is so stinkin' cute!! I love it!! Thanks for showcasing another great project with the kit!! Your the best!! Love you!!

Robynccgirl said...

Beautiful! Love all of this! Wonderful!

Unknown said...

This is soooo cute! Lovely job with the layout.

StampinCathy said...

This is just to cute and love this layout and colors. You are so creative.

Maureen said...

I love what you did with this sketch!! All the panels have made me run for the hills!! Hmmm, you are inspiring me to come back LOL

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- this is fantastic, Amber! so glad you got your kit! :)

Natalie said...

Super cute card, even without the border punch(ha!) Love it!

Christy said...

Beautiful card!!