Friday, February 6, 2009

Viva la Verve!

It's that time of the week again! Another Viva la Verve sketch with a {twist} challenge! Here is your sketch for this week:
The Twist this week is NO DP! That's right, you can only use cardstock! It's not really as hard as it sounds, so stop yelling at me through your computers;)
Here's my card for this sketch:
I used the Plain Jane, Phillipians 4:13 for my card, it's such a great verse:) The base is kraft and I also used Chocolate Chip (SU!) and Shimmery Gold (PTI). The YUMMO ribbon is from Michaels. I love their ribbon during the holidays, so many beautiful shimmery ribbons!
My Guest Design Diva this week is Amy, otherwise known as Devlinwhite on SCS! Here's her card:
Isn't it a beaut? I love how she stamped the balloons and then layered a piece of vellum over it, then stamped and embossed the sentiment! Such a clever idea! Amy used the balloons from Birthday Surprise, the sentiment from Fancy Florals Remix!
Click {here} to go to the VLV thread in the SCS forum and find the contest details! We'd love for you to play along, even if you don't have any Verve stamps!
Hope you have a VERVALICIOUS Friday!

4 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Amber these are beautiful and so inspiring to start off my weekend MOJO! I just love the colors.

Christy Lynn said...

Hey Miss Amber! I am still up for getting together to do swap cards tomorrow, just don't look at how messy my house is--keep in mind I've had a cold all week! I'm just now getting to where I feel human again and not like death warmed over. So if we sit at opposite ends of a 6-foot table, I think you'll be out of contagious range if you want to brave coming over here :) I'll give you a call tomorrow morning!

Shannan Teubner said...

These are fabulous, Amy! I can't wait to play!

DawnW said...

They are gorgeous cards miss Amber!