Thursday, September 15, 2011

Deconstructed Sketch #19

Hello there! I'm here today with a card using this week's Deconstructed Sketch (#19). I love all the layers on this one!


For sketches that use alot of layers, I only focus on getting those layers together before I begin embellishing. I won't necessarily glue everything down, but I have all my layers cut and inked and distressed, or whatever! That way I ensure followed the sketch, hahah! Then the FUN begins;)


All the papers I used are from the "Rosy" line by MME. I love these feminine colors, so beautiful:)
Like I mentioned, before I did any stamping or embellishing, I picked out my papers, matted them, and sewed them. I then added all the scalloped edges.


I cut out my Rounded Scalloped Frame die and stamped the sentiment from Words of Wisdom on the inside piece of the die (the frame and rectangle inside come out in two pieces) and stamped the scalloped frame (from Making a Statement) in Calypso Coral ink. Once I had my sentiment panel figured out, I began glueing everything down. The flowers are from Making a Statement and cut out using my Loopy Blooms dies. The brads are from SU! and the twine is from PTI.

Well that's it from me today:) Make sure to swing by the Deconstructed blog to see Jen's sample, challenge details, and the rest of the DT's cards!
Thanks for stopping by today:)

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous! So soft and pretty! The layers are awesome!!!

Jen Shults said...

This is adorable! I LOVE the papers and the stamps and the embellishments... it's perfect! (And it sounds like we work a lot of the same way... I've always got a huge stack of unglued paper all inked and doodled before I start pulling out embellishments... when I use them) LOVE THIS!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Amber! Love the color combo and the flower accent!

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch and love the colour combo. Darling use of the flowers.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Geez Louise! So much detail! Love it! Absolutely gorgeous!
Mackie

Tricia Williams said...

Amber your card is GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about. Pleased I found your blog :O)

kadie said...

Amber, this is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors, love the stitching, love the embellishments...love it all; every last detail! Hugs, kadie

Unknown said...

This card is stunning and I love the color combination...just beautiful! Please consider entering it at The Kraft Journal, as it fits our current challenge to use a sketch with Kraft! http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com/2011/09/make-it-monday-with-kraft-outlet-use.html

Babs said...

I have just been looking around your blog and love what you do. Your cards are so beautiful. I'm your newest follower & I'll be back soon to explore some more.
Have a lovely day,
Babs