Saturday, January 15, 2011

It takes a LOOOOOONG time to grow young!


Haha, I love this sentiment that came with my SneakSNEAKYBella! I need a birthday card for a sweet friend of mine, and she happens to like Stamping Bella (wink!) so I thought it was the perfect time to ink up one of my new Bellas! I kind of struggled for a layout using her, and then remembered this month's SFYTT! This month's sketch is SO fun and cards just fly together using it!
Here's my card!
I used Pixi-licious paper by Cosmo Cricket and broke out a FLOWER! I have like four big Iris cart drawers FULL of flowers and never use them! Well that's gonna change, they're too pretty to just take up valuable storage space *snort!*
If you want to play along with our monthly SFYTT sketch challenge or want more details, see THIS POST! Our sponsor this month is the fabulous company The Cat's Pajamas but their stamps are NOT required to play along or be in the running for the grand prize!
________________________________________
You know what else I did today? I started a major overhaul on my stampin' room! I tell you it just got TOO crowded and cluttered so it's time to move stuff around, throw stuff out, and find some stuff for blog candy perhaps?;)
I started on my ribbon. It took about three hours, EEEK!!! I unrolled all my PTI ribbon and hung them by color families on hangars which are now hanging in the closet right by my work table! Here are a few GLORIOUS pictures that I can't stop staring at!!

Is it just me? Or do those ribbons and beautiful rainbow colors make you want to go STAMP SOMETHING???? 
Like I said, I'm just getting started and plan to spend all day in there tomorrow so I'll post pics of my room when I'm done! I plan on doing a few blog posts on what kind of storage ideas I use for dies, stamps, ribbon, buttons, etc...stay tuned!

8 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

LOVE the card and the sentiment, too! Wonder who this could be for?

Girl, you've got ribbon! I thought I had a lot, but you beat me! I hung mine on steel rods that fit into the shelf pegs on a bookshelf. You can see it here. http://giffysk8s.blogspot.com/2010/08/random.html
(There's only one rod in the photo, but now I have two.) It works great for me! But you'l notice how little ribbon I have compared to you! LOL

Tanya said...

Such a cute card! And all that ribbon, oh my, it's beautiful!

Lisa T said...

Cute card! Great colors. :) Yes, I *love* that ribbon. It looks like it should be an inspiration photo for a card challenge! I would LOVE to see your tips on storage. I am wrapping up a craft room makeover of my own. All the little extras are the hardest part to figure out!

Erum Tasneem said...

such an adorable card! Love your collection of ribbons!

Anonymous said...

Holy ribbon Batman! I'm so jealous. I love PTI ribbon, but have limited myself to one spool of each color. What is it about January that gets everybody re-organizing? I'm snowed in this weekend so I'm working on re-organizing my Verve stamps (they've outgrown their current binder). Would love to see other storage ideas you use.

Maureen said...

hmmm...not sure if my last comment came through so I'll try again :) LOVE the paper and flower on the card :) LOVE LOVE the ribbon rainbow :) this so makes me want to come visit and play in your studio :) Am looking forward to seeing your organization ideas...I need some for the new house and studio this year :) hugs!!

Marisa said...

What a lovely array of colours to stare at - happy sigh. I wish I had all that ribbon in my craft area LOL! Looking forward to seeing your storage ideas. Card is darling too. Happy sorting :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!