Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Beautiful You

At last, my Verve card:)
I played in today's sketch challenge on SCS! This was a super fun sketch challenge, if you have time, head over to the thread and PLAY!
I wish the colors in my photo were better, but it's a little yellow:( Bad lighting, that's what I blame it on!
I pulled out Beautiful Kindness and Celebrating You by Verve for this sweet little card:) Aren't those butterflies fun? There is also a smaller butterfly in this set, which I started with, but they were much too small and it made this card really unbalanced. I'm very happy with how it turned out with the bigger butterflies (I used to call them birdieflys when I was a kid, how funny!) And I realize maybe the buttons are overkill? But ya know what, I love them and that's all that matters, lol! The sentiment (from Celebrating You) was cut out with my large oval punch (SU!) and layered on a fun tag die from spellbinders! I love how easily the ribbon slides through the flourishes:) The gorgeous paper is from Mellissa Frances, so dreamy and perfect!
Okay, that's it for me! Christy and Lee should be here in couple hours to pick up there pups so I gotta round all their stuff up:)
Have a fabby day, ya'll!

6 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

Love the colors! There's just something about butterflies that makes me feel happy. :)

Unknown said...

Wow - this is so gorgeous! I LOVE the buttons on the butterflies and your big bow. This card is great!

Unknown said...

just beautiful, Love it!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Ok this is stunning!!

Kristie W. said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love those flutter bys!

Karen Linarez said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors, the butterflies, everything!