Saturday, March 28, 2009

April Viva la Verve has begun!

Is it spring time where you're at yet? Oki really only has two seasons I think, Summer and Spring/Fall...No real winter! I think the coldest it's gotten this year is maybe the low 50's/high 40's. And even though our weather is really pretty nice year round, I'm still getting spring fever:D I actually have summer fever because I can't wait to go to the beach! I'm losin my tan BIG TIME, lol!

So let me get back on track, hee hee! Even though it's still March, the 1st of April is next Wednesday so I am starting April's Viva la Verve challenges this week:) If you are new to VLV or have never heard of it before, let me fill you in!
**Every Friday, I post a sketch challenge with a {twist} in the Verve Member Company forums on Splitcoast! The {Twist} is an extra requirement along with the sketch, pretty fun and something different!
There will be 5 weeks of sketch challenges in April. Each week, play along with the sketch and {twist} and upload your card to your gallery/blog and link it to that week's Viva la Verve thread. There is no real time limit on the sketch cards except for they MUST ALL BE UPLOADED by MIDNIGHT EST on April 30th to be eligible for the BIG PRIZE! What is the big prize you ask? Well, the Fabulous Julee gives away the next months ENTIRE VERVE STAMPS RELEASE to the winner of Viva la Verve challenge! To be eligible, you must upload a card for every one of that months sketches. Make sense? If not, please feel free to contact me any time for a better explanation:)**
Okay, so I already posted this weeks sketch and {Twist} in the Verve Forums, but I thought I'd do it here as well:)
This week's {twist} is to use sentiment stamps only! With all the amazing sentiments and Plain Janes offered by Verve, there should be NO EXCUSE for you to not have SOMETHING to work with;) No image/background stamps are allowed for this challenge.
Easy enough right? Well here is the sketch:
It's a really fun one (if I do say so myself:D)
Here is my card for this sketch:
Do you love that sentiment? I do! It's from the set called "Beautiful You". This set is truly one of my favorites! It's a compilation of favorite quotes from all of the Verve Diva's! It's such a special set and I'll treasure it always:) The patterened paper is by PTI and is called Friends to the End. I also used Ripe Avacado and Plum Pudding cardstock and Ripe Avacado ribbon by PTI (yes, I totally love the PTI colors!!!)
Hope you can come play along with us! Click --->HERE<--- to go to the Viva la Verve, April Week One thread! When uploading your projects to public galleries, please use keywords Verve (if you're using Verve stamps) and VLVApr01! Also, please note that Verve stamps are not required to play along, but if you have them we'd love to see you use them:)
Viva la Verve!

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

Amber,
Your card is just breath taking and so inspiring. Love the colors.