Sunday, December 30, 2012

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger

It's been about a million years since I've entered a card in a Moxie Fab challenge, but I just LOVED the trigger that Cath chose for the week's Tuesday Trigger! These colors really sing to me lately, I think I'm over all things Christmas'y and ready for some spring colors;)


Here's my card using some stamps from MFT and PTI!


I was inspired by MANY things in the inspiration picture. The simple white curtain with the green border, the beautiful retro rug, and of course, the colors!

First step was to search through my stamps for that background stamp. I new I had one with that shape somewhere and finally found it in my PTI stash. See, there is a reason we must buy every background set we find, never know when you'll need it;)

Next up I had to find a way to create that green border in the white curtain. Well I don't have any dies this large, so I just cut a piece of cardstock, and then marked off a 1/2 inch on the inside of the cardstock, and cut out the frame with a craft blade. The rest really just fell into place. This is why I love inspiration challenges, you just have to let your hands take over and see what they can create:) The sentiment is from this month's Triple Scoop reward set by MFT! I just love all the sentiments and the fonts combined in this set. I believe it will be available for purchase next month, but for now, you can only get it when you spend over $60 (not a hard task;) I also used MFT's Fishtail Dienamics for the sentiment focal point.

Well that's it from me for now! I'll be back;)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

sounds like you were in that perfect creative zone! Love when that happens :) What a gorgeous card, Schmoopy!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)