Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September Diva Inspirations Blog Hop!

Hello! If you've never been a part of our monthly inspiration hops, you are missing out! The divas all pull out some of our favorite sets that haven't seen ink in awhile and show them some love! 


I'm sure if you've been around, you know we just had a release, right? Well a few of our new stamps coordinate with an older set, Dream Big! I just had to pull Dream Big out again so I could play with my  
new stuff too!

I used the new Scalloped Flowers die to cut the flowers out and then I stamped the flowers from Dream Big in Crumb Cake and Bermuda Bay ink. I cut some leaves out with the new Dreamy Leaves die and then stamped the leaves from Dream Big in Memento Lettuce ink. I added some buttons to the flower centers because a flower just doesn't seem finished until I do, haha!
The sentiment is from Dream Big and the faux stitches are from the new set Borderline.


I cut a banner out with my Ribbon Banner die and then added the new Pennant Trim die to the sides of the banner. Add a couple more buttons and that's all she wrote! I used last week's Colour Q challenge for the color combo and this week's CPS sketch for the layout!
I hope you find some time this week to pull out some of your beloved stamps that haven't see any ink for awhile and breathe new life into them! 

Check out what my Diva sisters were inspired to create! 
1. Betty8. Amber
2. Jen d.9. Amy
3. Jen T.10. Andrea
4. Julee11. Janelle
5. Sankari12. Maureen
6. Sony13. Teresa
7. Susan14. Tosha

37 comments:

loulou said...

Beautiful card. what a gorgeous colour combination. I also like the combination of the faux and real stitching. cheers Linda

KanataNewf said...

Beautiful - can't wait to get my hands on the new scalloped flower die - it will definitely come in handy!

Pam~ said...

This is a CASE card for me ... I LOVE it ... everything about it! My eye was drawn to each button and how it was embellished ... very clever! Awesome colors too!

Davi said...

Oh I love the colors and the pretty big flowers!! So refreshing makes me smile :)

Marisa said...

This is one of my favorite sets and I love how you used the flowers. Great touch with the banner and mini banners off the side! Love the card :)

wustaz said...

just ordered both those dies... can't wait to play with them especially after seeing what you created with them

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combination and those flowers are so pretty!

Sharon Williamson said...

Love the colors on this card. It's such a cheerful card to send, and who wouldn't want to receive it!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, love those flowers with the buttons!
And your colorcombo works great! Lovely card!

Sue D said...

Very pretty--I like this color combo.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

THis is so beautiful! I just ordered this stamp set and can not wait to have it to play with! Thanks for the inspiration!
Lisa

Jess said...

love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card. ;-) I love the colors and all the fun little elements. I have been so excited to see the dies to coordinate with the Dream Big flowers - they just arrived in the mail, and I am antsy to start using them! Thanks for the inspiration today. ;-)

Christine said...

Love this card! I am partial to kraft paper and to the shades of green you have used. Love the mini banners flanking the central ribbon!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the design and symmetry of this card! Great use of the dies and love the buttons!

Nicole said...

Love, love, love this bright beautiful color palette. Thanks so much for pulling out Dream Big. I had to purchase it after the die release, and it should be here tomorrow!!! Yay! Loving your inspiration...

Ravengirl said...

Gorgeous card! Love the buttoned flowers and the cool colors!

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Maryleva said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

Jennipher said...

This is stunning! WOW! Love all the layers and gorgeous flowers.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love this color combo and your flowers. TFS

lorrayneingram said...

I love the colors as well as mixing old and new stamps and working them both together on one card. I love dies and the flower and leave dies are always useful to help place extra interest on most cards.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and great coordinations of those colors! so now i have an idea of coordinating teal with other colors! TFS

Jennifer said...

Wow! I couldn't tell your stitches were faux!!! ;) Very cool!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share,

Jennifer
Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Lynn Noe said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those flowers with the button centers. Love the faux stitching and those colors are outstanding together!

Connie and Jack said...

Awesome card. Love the pennant trim die cut peeking out the side. Great colors.
- Connie C.

Christine Kiehl said...

Very nice card. Love this color combo which I have never seen before. Thanks for sharing on this Diva design hop.

MsMad said...

beautifully done.
Barbara Bird / Gecko Galz DT
MdStrwbery@aol.com
MdStrwbery.blogspot.com

Amy said...

So pretty! Love those flowers!

Betty said...

Love the colors and all the buttons! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! Love the color combo and those flowers!! And of course, I am in love with the pennant trim die!

ScrappyKsue said...

Love the flowers and the sentiment font. So cute.

Sian Ridley said...

This card is Verve-a-licious! Such a happy thank you card :)

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love the colors and the symmetrical design.

Mary-Anne V said...

Dream big is a very pretty set and I love how you used the green and turquoise blue colours together.

Luanne said...

Ooo! I love these colors together! Fabulous card!

Julianne N said...

love how those dreamy leaves just branch out! Really like how you've layered on this card! Confession: I love adding buttons to my flowers all the time! They make the cutest centres. I recently saw bottle caps as centres that looked pretty cool too.