Saturday, August 25, 2012

August SFYTT Reminder!

I can't believe it's almost the end of August already!!! Where did the month go? 

sfytt-post-banner

You only have a few more days to get your August sketch completed and linked up on the August SFYTT Linky!! Hopefully you have a few spare minutes this weekend to get crafty:)


Verve is our sponsor this month and we just happened to release a whole bunch of GORGEOUS new stamps yesterday!! I got inky with some of the new goodies and came up with this card!


I played with the orientation of the sketch and really like this as a wide card, gives me more room to add stuff, haha:)
I started with a dark gray card base and then used papers from Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze collection. I love black/gray/yellow combos! The focal sentiment is the new Praying for You Plain Jane. I cut out a rectangle with the Rounded Rectangle die and then stamped the matching frame from Treasured Words and then stamped the sentiment. The flowers are from Brighter Days and have matching dies, the Scalloped Flower dies! The leaves are the new Dreamy Leaves dies and they coordinate with Dream Big.


In this picture, you can see where I added a stamp from Borderline. I think they look like little stitches and it's easier to pull this stamp out then the real sewing machine, haha! Love this stamp! 

Well, that's it from me today! Make sure to get your cards loaded soon because the GINORMOUS grand prize is getting closer and closer every month;)

details

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Love this Amber!! Such a great colour combo and use of the layout. Can't wait for my new Verve goodies to arrive!!