Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fairy Fae Sketch!

Good morning to you! I have had an AWESOME day today, found out some news I've been waiting to hear, turns out I'll be MRS. Hight starting in December! No more SGT Hight;) I'm being medically separated from the Air Force due to knee and ankle complications from various past surgeries. This is a good thing, I'm so ready for something else! Yesterday was also Billy and my 7th anniversary. He's so good to me! I'm way too lucky to have him, but I'll take him anyway! He got me a massage today which was HEAVEN! Who knew that the little 90 lb Japanese lady had that kind of strength, lol! She had me by a death grip a couple times and I'm pretty sure I'm going to bruise, lol! Not only did he get me the hour massage, but he got me an iPad too! EEEEEK! I'm such a gadget geek and I've been wanting one to add to my little Apple family:) 

Okay, I'm sure you didn't come here to hear me brag on my honey, so how about a card? I busted out a card with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #89 for this week!
How fun is that sketch? Mercy always comes up with the BEST sketches, love them! It happened to be PERFECT for this GORGEOUS digi image by Tiddly Inks called "Fairy Fae Catches a Star". Isn't she breath-taking? Christy Croll can DRAW! Here's my card:


I used some beautiful papers by K&Co on a Kraft base. I colored Fae in with Copics and airbrushed the "sponging" around the image. I airbrushed with a W3 Copic, I LOVE that color, I think it's my new fave! It's the same color I used for Fae's wings. It's a beautiful warm gray that almost looks Kraft!
I also used some fun Prima and Zva roses available in the 7Kids store! OH, the fab sentiment is from Circular Sayings by Verve!

Well, that's all I have to share today! I'll be back tomorrow with a Farm Fresh Friday card! See you then:)
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

I never tire of you bragging on Billy. It's wonderful to see that you two are such sweethearts! Rick and I have been together 30 years, and it just keeps getting better. That's what I wish for you! So keep on bragging, girl!

LOVE your card, as usual! I keep looking at an airbrush system but haven't taken the plunge yet. Which one do you have?

CONGRATS on your medical separation! What are you going to do with all of your free time? LOL

Frantastic™ said...

Congrats! (on all counts!) My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary and we (read: I) got an IPad as well....LOVE it! Have a great day!

Christi said...

Whooohoooo Amber! Fantastic news all the way around!!

...and *gasp*...OMG! this card is gorgeous. She is an absolutely beautiful little fairy and you have colored and designed her so perfectly! LOVE! smiles...

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this card, Amber! Amazing coloring! Happy Anniversary, too :) Glad to hear the good news about the medical separation!

Jen Shults said...

Amber this is stunning! I ADORE this cute card! The vintage colors are beautiful and your coloring along with the sponging you did on that Nestie are wow. Seriously I could go on about every detail. Gorgeous work! (Now I'm going to go slink off and redo my MTSC card, lol.)

Niki Estes said...

Gorgeous card, Amber! Happy Anniversary and congrats on the medical seperation, too!

Cindy Haffner said...

ADORABLE!!

Danni said...

What a stunning and oh so fabulous card!!

Cassie_lu said...

drop dead amazing. the coloring is so soft and sweet while the over look has a vintage touch. amazing and one of my fav images of hers

Marisa said...

Darling image and beyond fabulously coloured, Amber! Love the multi-looped bow too!

I would love a massage right about now!! We did an above ground obstacle course while on vacation and some of my muscles are talking to me not so politely LOL! Nothing like climbing through the trees for 1.5 hours, doing zip lines, tight ropes, swinging into cargo nets, walking on hanging (and swinging!) log ladders etc. Lots of fun but boy do you use muscles you didn't think you had.

Happy belated birthday (((hugs)). Glad hubby spoiled you :)

Pam Speidel said...

Such a sweet image! Love the soft colors and the pretty gingham bow! Happy Anniversary too! ♥

Annika said...

it's SO good to read happy stories - you sure are lucky to have him!
i think I share your love of W3, lol. I's such a versatile marker, i use it EVERYWHERE. Reminds me I should get a refill soon!!!
hugs
Annika

Brooke S said...

Amazing hair! The shading it stunning.. What colored did you use do share... What color do you lay down first? I totally {heart} this card...
HUGS
BROOKE

Lisa H. said...

congrats, girlie! and ooooo, love your card, it's sooo pretty!