Monday, February 16, 2009

FAVORITE holiday!

Well, my FAVORITE holiday is Christmas, but I'm still stuck in a Valentine's Day card making mood so I'm gonna go with V-day:) Today, the Monday Challenge Chicks are creating cards based on our favorite holidays! Here's my card:

I decided to pull out my old faithful set "Always" by SU! for this card, that bird is one of my favorites! I used alot of odd's n' ends on this card but had tons of fun doing it!
Check out the rest of the girls' cards for some more inspiration:
AJ
Maren
Brooke
Jeanne
Bucky
Okay, the other card I made today is for today's CAS challenge on SCS! I would link the challenge thread here but as I type, SCS is not co-operating with me, I hope it's not just me but I havent' been able to get in for a couple hours! HORRORS! OMG I am so dependent on that site it's rediculous, lol! I GOTTA HAVE MY FIX!
Anyhoo, the CAS challenge for this week is to use ONE button! CHECK! Not a problem for this chick because I love me some buttons! The challenge was in only using ONE, lol! Well here's my card:

The card base is a piece of Chocolate Chip. I stamped the tree and sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers (SU!) on a piece of Whisper White and then mounted it on a piece of Kiwi Kiss that I also trimmed using my scalloped edge punch! The ribbon was tied on with one lonely button (lol!) and then I added a row of brads as well. I finished the card off by stamping the scallops (from All Scallops by SU!) on top in Whisper White. I am not much of a CAS stamper as you well know, but I had alot of fun with this card and I'm going to be participating in these CAS challenges alot, I just know it:)

Christy and I (and her hubs and a couple other peeps) went to see The Tales of Despereaux today. It was just okay for me, kinda cute, the mouse was *adorable* but the story was just kinda blah. I'm glad I went though, it was still fun:) Billy and I are sittin here with a glass of wine watching Cars, LOL! I love this movie, 'Mater is my favorite, I love him:D
Have a fantastic President's Day, later taterz!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of these are gorgeous! I love both color combo's and the LO on each is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing.


Tonya

StampinCathy said...

WoW cards! They are just beautiful.

AJ said...

bummer to hear about the tale of desperaux....I am debating this movie with the kids later-
cute card!! love it! and your CAS challenge one is fab too!!!!
;)

Maren said...

Oh...I loved that book! :-) I haven't seen the movie yet. GORGEOUS cards chica!! :-)

Jennifer Buck said...

Cutie! LOVE it! :) Hope you are doing well! :)