Saturday, February 22, 2014

Spread Your Wings and Fly!

Good morning and happy Saturday! Oh I love today, I have NO plans all day but to craft away in my my little cave! These are the best kind of days:) This morning I decided to play along in this week's Case Study challenge. Danielle Flanders is this month's muse and I have always loved her work. Great excuse to be inspired by her!


I loved this soft, delicate card and went pretty literal with my interpretation


I used Paper Crane by Reverse Confetti for my card. It's a very delicate stamp set that I thought would work perfectly for this challenge. I stamped the crane in pink, turqouise, and yellow ink on the card base, in the upper portion of the card. 


I layered Vellum on top of that to not only tone down the bright colors, but because that's what the great Danielle did too! Ha! I sewed the vellum on the top of the card and that's the only way it's held down onto the card. Once I had the vellum on, I added all the finishing touches. The frame I got from Michaels and I think it's from Simple Stories, it was a package of different colored frames. So glad I can finally use them! I embossed the crane in white on vellum and cut it out, and also embossed the triangle trio from Tinsel 'n Trim in white and added them to the card as well. 


That's all I have today, thanks for stopping by!







3 comments:

Romantyczka said...

REWELACJA, BARDZO MI SIĘ PODOBA...

Maureen Merritt said...

What a fabulous design. I love all of the vellum and your big bow. Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome card!
laura