Thursday, September 19, 2013

Taylored Expressions Share Joy Campaign-Inspiration Challenge Week


The Taylored Expressions 5th Birthday Bash is continuing this week with a new Share Joy Campaign, benefitting the Union Rescue Mission of Los Angeles, Prodigal's Home of Phoenix, and IowaHomeless Youth Shelter of Des Moines. These wonderful charities work tirelessly to bring comfort and care to many homeless individuals and families throughout the year. One way they are sharing joy each and every day is by celebrating the birthdays of their participants, and you can help by sending in your handmade birthday cards! 


This week, Taylored Expressions will help you to create with a different Birthday Inspiration Challenge each day. These charities need birthday cards of all kinds: child, adult, baby, so send in your funny, sweet, pretty, elegant, works of art and know that you will be brightening someone's day in a way only a handmade card can do.  To get all the details on how to participate, please hop over to the Taylored Expressions Blog.


Today's challenge is a technique challenge! I don't have any TE cutting plates, but an embossing folder does the job too! I do need to get some cutting plates though, there are some adorable ones in the store!


For the polka dot background, I ran my card base through my big shot with a Cuttlebug folder, and then brayered on some green ink! I love how the polka dots just JUMP off the card using this technique:)



I used the stamps and dies from the August TE Deluxe Kit! Do you subscribe? I just got my September kit and can't wait to play with that one too! These kits are such a great deal! Stamps, cardstock, a 6x6 paper pad, dies, ribbon, all for a really REALLY great price:)

Please remember, you do NOT have to use TE Stamps to play along in the challenge, or to send your birthday cards in for donation! Any cards/stamps are more than appreciated:) Please hop on over to the TE blog to see a list of other girls playing along in this technique challenge! 

This card is also my sample for this week's Case Study challenge! This is the inspiration piece from our Muse, Kathy Rascoosin for the week!


I continued on with the fun label shape and flowers! I had originally made my card base pink, but for the stamps I used, I had to change it up...

Go on over to the Case Study bloghttp://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/ for more samples with our inspiration piece for this month! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful

Cassie said...

Stunner of a card, Amber!

Lori Craig said...

Pure gorgeousness, Amber! LOVE.

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfect bow Amber, your card is gorgeous!

Jean Martin said...

This is amazing Amber! Loving all the colors! :)