Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 2013 Spotlight Hop-Day 4

Welcome to our September 2013 Spotlight Hops!  We're so excited to share some new Verve with you! Each day this week, the Divas will be shining their Verve spotlights on a different set, so stay tuned for a week filled with inspiration! Everything previewed this week will be available in the Verve online store on Friday, 9/27.

Today, we're peeking an amazing new set, full of gorgeous POPPY's!!!!!!! The set is called Poppy Birthday, how sweet is that??


This is also my last post as the September Case Study Guest Designer! I've had so much fun playing along with the design team and creating sketches based on Kathy Racoosin's amazing creations! Here's this week's card to case: CS159


I stamped the pink bases of the poppies in pink ink, and then gold embossed the centers. I stamped "Happy Birthday" on a diagonal like Kathy did on her card, I love how this came out, LOVE!


I also used the circle edge die from Scalloped Trim Trio in Kraft ink.


The ribbon is from the Polka Dot Basics Ribbon collection. Gorgeous ribbon:)

Please stop by the CASE Study Blog for more details on this amazing challenge! I want to thank Iwona and her amazing team for this awesome opportunity to be a guest designer! A huge thanks to Kathy, the muse this month, also, as she inspired a lot of cards from this month:)

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for full set reveals and all the prize info and deadlines!

Here's your hop list for the day, thanks for stopping by!

1. Julee8. Laurie W.
2. Teresa9. Christyne
3. Charmaine10. Maureen
4. Stacey {Guest}11. Marisa
5. Andrea12. Janelle
6. Jen13. Laurie S.
7. Amber

41 comments:

Christine said...

Love the stamped background....adding text along with the flowers was a great idea!

loulou said...

I love the pink and gold poppies background - absolutely stunning.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful Case card - the gold is so decadent!

Kathy said...

love the gold -- very clever!

cm said...

Stunning card! You've rendered me speechless with how beautiful this is! Off to gaze once again!
c

Pam said...

Love, Love, Love this release. Poppies are my favorite flower!

Ariane said...

I love how you have used this stamp set! The embossing is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!!

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty Amber - I really love the gold especially.

Sharon said...

Great cards! Love the embossing!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow...gorgeous. I love the gold embossing.....so creative. Love this colour combo.
Darbaby on SCS

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The pink and gold poppies are beautiful! Love this pretty, pretty card!

Donna Oates said...

You made gorgeous "patterned paper" with your stamps and embossing. Great girl card for us girls of all ages!

Marisa said...

Love how you created the background with the poppies!! Great card.

Jessica Yoder-Jones said...

Really like the gold middle! I never thought of that before

Teresa Zuehls said...

Very pretty card! I love the gold embossing.

Donna Whitten said...

Very pretty and different. I love it.

Kathy Humphrey said...

Love! This card is so awesome...I don't think I would ever have thought of gold embossing!!

Emily H said...

Wow! so pretty! I need to use my gold embossing powder more.

Hillary Harris said...

Love the gold embossing on the flowers!

Kari V. said...

I love the gold embossing...that is just so classy!

Deb Kane said...

Oh so pretty, love the gold

Elizabeth Sarkisyan said...

Gorgeous card and love the gold embossing along with how you stamped the sentiment in the background...beautiful!!

Linda Carson said...

Stunning! Wonderful textures and awesome creative design!! Love it!

Rosemary said...

wow... how beautiful!!

Kris B said...

Lovely! The gold embossing looks amazing! Love the diagonal happy birthday! Wonderful card! TFS

Sandie C said...

Love your card especially the embossing. TFS

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful with the gold embossing! Such a different take on these gorgeous flowers and it is SO pretty!!

Sandra Miller said...

Love the textures and gold embossing. Darling card!

Heather said...

This is so cute! And I love those gold embossed centers.

Directmailscrapper said...

That gold really makes those poppies hoppies (I couldn't resist, sorry!) Great card!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful! Love the gold!

D- said...

Oh these are beautiful colors. LOVE your card. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Wanda Cullen said...

A great CASE and unique idea to add gold to the poppies! Love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic! Those gold centers just make me want to clap! Gorgeous!

Shaughn Woodruff said...

Fabulous! I love the gold embossing! So classic looking! I'm still just swooning over your card! Thanks for sharing!

Iris said...

Cute. Love the sassy ribbon and button. Great color combo too.
isoscia@aol.com

Kelly Braund said...

This looks like a really fun set to play with!

JD Shelton said...

Very unique and lovely card!

Sue D said...

Very pretty with the gold.

Emily said...

I wouldn't have thought of using that color combo with the poppies, very pretty!