Thursday, September 12, 2013

Case Study 157-Happy Fall!

Hi there! It's Thursday, and my 2nd week as the guest designer over at the Case Study! This is SUCH a fun challenge blog! Every month, Chupa picks a "muse", and every week one of that muse's cards are chosen to CASE or gain inspiration from. This month, the muse is Kathy Racoosin! She's quite amazing, I'm sure you'll have tons of ideas spinning around in your head after you see this card!


I loved the stripes in the background, the ribbon, and the flower (okay, the WHOLE card, lol!)




For the striped paper in the background, I stamped the pumpkin and acorn from Forever Fall by Reverse Confetti. I then inked the edges. Next, I wanted to add some vellum. Can you see the vellum in Kathy's card? *FABULOUS* little detail, I had to keep that one! I sewed around all four edges, so you have to look for it, but it's there;)

Next, I stamped the sentiment from Forever Fall on a banner tag. I die cut some leaves and then sewed them onto the back of the banner tag and added some buttons. This is where the ribbon comes in, tied it around the card and then added my leaves/sentiment piece, popped up on dimensionals. And there you have it! 

I really loved Kathy's card and can think of a few more ways to make her card my own! Does it sound like fun? Come on over and play along this week! CLICK HERE for challenge details and to get a peek at all the other amazing cards!

*******************




3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the Fall cluster Amber~

Lisa H. said...

super cute! love the cluster of leaves and the great RC sentiment.

Mrs. Greene said...

I love the gold emboss. Your card was Great!